Skip to main content

Re-solution time

Happy 20 20.  An auspicious number. 20 20 vision is something that means we see perfectly.  Seeing and experiencing with full awareness - let's play this game - even if it requires bifocals(-:

The end of a long year.  Early night as I will work in the morning.  I feel the load of a busy time, and am thankful for my impending comfort.  My body holds the pent up anxiety of a busy holiday season.  I snuggle down anticipating letting go.  Onto the pillow and stretch and relax into my bed.  Comfort yet something is missing.  There it is.  Sage's wet nose is at the edge of the bed touching my arm.  In our customary fashion I lift the duvet and she slips in and curls up spooning into my torso.  I feel, once more as I have done many times before - that this is the best time of my day.  Sage is my dog.  She is my family.  She is Kin.  This is the connection that I love.

I consider the word Kin as I fall asleep  Is it the beginning of Kind?

When I wake in 2020 I look up the origin of the word and am thrilled.  It reveals some fascinating ancient wisdom.  Kin and kind are used interchangeably.  In the year 1000 they were used to depict the natural state.  Being connected to another.  The assumption then - being kind is natural.

This is my resolution.  Be Kind.  The more I am kind - to fellow people and animals, the bigger my tribe - My Kin.

In truth, what we fight for will be resisted.  When we truly and passively live, we will gently ripple - kindly.
Creating ripples are our only productive way of being in the world.

Have a beautiful new year - all creatures great and small!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

adaptable animals

 Just love that nature finds a way.  It is testament to the fact that nature is intelligent.  Listened to a talk by Dr Philip Shepherd who is the creator of The Embodied Present Process.  He spoke of how our society has become patriarchal over time and separated us from nature so that we control her.  When working with animals and being able to be completely present, we have all had moments where we connect on a deep level and understand where the animal is at.  Nothing better than those moments.  In the moments where I have felt that it feels like love and is followed by big gratitude.   This pic is a whole group of bats who have found a way to roost in an urban setting.  Long may that connection with us last.  It is cool that nature has not given up on us.  Even though we try control it.