Skip to main content

just feel

I have said it before, but have to say it again – so that I listen to me – for the good of the whole.  Life does get tough.  I find myself stressing and over reacting.  A wise guru once provided me the advice of using my sense of touch so that I could move back to my centre. So I could identify the story as the illusion and remember that what is real is right here before me.  Little Rocky.  Chilly in the morning.  Sitting on my feet while I made his breakfast.  Reminding me to stay grounded.  So that I don’t spiral into the fantasy that is my so labelled stressful life. 

Sit down on the floor and touch his fur.  Being grateful for his trusting eyes and cold nose.

Literally – just feel – his coat, my hand touching his coat, the temperature of his nose, his gentle licks.

Thank God for animals. 

Thank God for the moment – which makes everything we experience – just that – just an experience.

Life is too short to rush off into the imaginary ether and become ill at the thought of having to sacrifice ourselves.

When we just feel – we become conscious – and then can breathe – and do what needs doing – like feed the gorgeous dog – without tiring resentment or poor me…

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

Out with the old. Thank you 2016, and goodnight!!!

2016 my dear year! Cannot say I will miss you.  However, the lessons I learned in your passage will remain etched in my soul where they were sometimes harshly engraved.  I would love to personify you and blame you.  And yet, you have even taken the blame out of me.  So I feel left swaying in your aftermath.  So many people have left the planet.  Some by choice.  Animals have passed on and new animals have joined the family.  Family changes have been enormous with all sorts of 'shake up's' along the way.  Work has remained a questioning challenge.  Interactions in general have been awakening - not always comfortable.  So - good bye.  And just for the hell of it - good riddance... Deep breath But that is not true.  In real truth - thank you.  There have been some good moments.  Some great glasses of wine, swims in the sea, long runs and walks, time with so many beautiful creatures, painting class...