Skip to main content

when the student is ready an animal appears

I feel so liberated at times - and other times I am still a reactive bitch - but the feeling of liberation is growing - thanks to animals

I notice - as a result of how much they steal my heart - what gets my hackles up.  I have practised noticing while with animals.  I have practised looking at their reactions and working on being clearer so I don't get their hackles up.  It is the funnest thing to do.
Thank you to an endless list of critters for being the best teachers ever - and the lessons continue.

Frodo - the master guru
So, what does this have to do with anything - yesterday I was accused of being passively annoying.  "You have changed," they said.  "You used to shout for what you wanted.  You used to fight."  And I giggled in a tumultuous roar of appreciation.  This face and heart and soul is anything but passive.  What I have learned - from the beasts in my life - is that a fight is not a loud and fist pumping one.  It is loving, rational, fearless and fun.  This is how this is described: 
1. love:  when it is about love - true love - not just the kind that I think is love - so, in other words, when it is about the greater good.
2. rational: when it is about solving something that can be solved - this is so important.  How many arguments I have had to be right - as opposed to reaching a resolution.
3. fearless: when it is not about fear - in other words, I have seen the solution and know how to get there with confidence
4. fun:  when it is light and I can stay cognisant of my reactions - when I let go and am not conscious of my thought trajectories - I have lost.

Yes.  The bitch does over-ride at times.  I am finding the bitch more and more comical.  Thank God!

They were lessons once again from the guru animals: 
1. love:  when I communicate through love - I communicate from an ethical and clear standpoint and I am more successful in the training
2. rational:  when I know what I want to communicate, then I know how to reach the end of the training session with clarity - so I am being more ethical, and hence will be more successful
3. fearless:  when I am unafraid, I am clear and confident, and inspire confidence in those around me.
4. fun:  when it is light - we all have fun.  man and beast.

so - know - there is fight in me.  And it is a quest for joy - for all in my space, on my planet, and inside me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

adaptable animals

 Just love that nature finds a way.  It is testament to the fact that nature is intelligent.  Listened to a talk by Dr Philip Shepherd who is the creator of The Embodied Present Process.  He spoke of how our society has become patriarchal over time and separated us from nature so that we control her.  When working with animals and being able to be completely present, we have all had moments where we connect on a deep level and understand where the animal is at.  Nothing better than those moments.  In the moments where I have felt that it feels like love and is followed by big gratitude.   This pic is a whole group of bats who have found a way to roost in an urban setting.  Long may that connection with us last.  It is cool that nature has not given up on us.  Even though we try control it.