Skip to main content

wisdom sans passion = empty words


So you can sprout wise words all you like.  You can be the guru and even be right most of the time.  But guess what?  The moment you live by the being right rather than the wisdom you sprout, you will stumble.
And of course, I am not talking about you.  I am talking about me.  And a special new teacher in my life.  A little girl called Sage.  As wise as her name and smarter than me.  Like all the critters I know.
And of course, once again, not only Sage, but every other guru beast I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  Because she is simply teaching me the lessons I have not listened to from patient teachers who have spent time being real with me in the past.

So.  The lesson.  To do my passion.  Every moment.  Like my friend Craig here.  An inspiration like so many animal people I know.
In recent times I went on a journey of discovery.  Got stuck in my head.  So my time, as a result, has been filled with a waste of effort and a lack of animal contact time.  Lots of theory.  My hands are just far too clean.  Enter Sage.  Along with a few other changes in my life.
And I remember why I do what I do.  Nothing like a green animal to spend time alongside to remind me what drives me.  Those Doctor Doolittle moments when this new munchkin gets how I need her to behave so that she can fit into my menagerie.  Like when she puts on brakes while heading towards the pond when the goose looks at her sideways.  Or bobs her head sideways before Przzy the cat even thinks about swatting her.  Or how she shimmies up to Draco the dog, slowly, so she gains his warmth without antagonising him.  And how fast she learns in her training sessions.  Wow wow wow.  She thinks and works like she had done this all before.  And she is only 8 weeks old.
So yes.  I am not a spring chicken.  I have 10 maybe 15 years left in a McJob.  And I will not spend it in a McJob.  I will continue doing what I love.  Connecting with animals on a daily basis.  Animals I have seen being born who I adore.  Because – they are my family.  No distractions. 

Reckon I have been given one of these when I was born.My Destination - Animal land.  Wherever that will take me.  Because there is nothing more beautiful than talking to animals.  Nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

adaptable animals

 Just love that nature finds a way.  It is testament to the fact that nature is intelligent.  Listened to a talk by Dr Philip Shepherd who is the creator of The Embodied Present Process.  He spoke of how our society has become patriarchal over time and separated us from nature so that we control her.  When working with animals and being able to be completely present, we have all had moments where we connect on a deep level and understand where the animal is at.  Nothing better than those moments.  In the moments where I have felt that it feels like love and is followed by big gratitude.   This pic is a whole group of bats who have found a way to roost in an urban setting.  Long may that connection with us last.  It is cool that nature has not given up on us.  Even though we try control it.