Skip to main content

so friggin' lucky

Yes yes.  I received an accolade for what I have done in my career.  Much gratitude for the award.  I did not do a speech of thanks.  And don't want this to be that cheesy speech.

So, with that fear in the open, I do want to say something really important.

I feel humbled, and unworthy.  I have so many people in my life who are enthusiastic about what we do.  Spirited in their passion.  Inspirational in their humility.  And more than likely much more worthy than I am of receiving an award. 

The opportunity to be acknowledged may not exist for them.  For whatever reason.  However I know and respect and honour my community.

I cannot name one or two as this would simply leave out a host of others. 

People who were with me during my career sometimes just for a moment knew more than I did, and fought harder than I did for what they believed. 

Then there those who were with me for longer, and moved on to do amazing things in this very industry.  And in other industries.  Things I would never have dreamed up.  Things that are so exciting, worthwhile and in the best interests of our world. 

Those who have retired.  Wow.  Beat the drum till the finish line with magnanimous energy.

And there are the golden oldies.  The folk who are still around.  Hammering old battles to death, finding and flowing with new inspiration.

There are also some mentors and bosses who have allowed, guided and scolded - all with good purpose.

And the enemies of my doggedness.  The people who said no.  The people who think I am crazy.  You too inspire something.

Family.  Whew.  Feel so blessed.  Over and over.  My family. 

So yes.  It is all about the animals.  They do come first.  They are my community and family too.  They are the reason I feel and do what I do.  So grateful to them. 



With that said -  without souls around me to walk with me, fight with me, sing with me, laugh with me, work with me, love with me and inspire with me - nothing is possible.  Life is not a one man show.  This is a party of experience, and nobody is to be left out.  Celebrate all that we do. 

Suffice is to say.  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for connecting💕

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

Out with the old. Thank you 2016, and goodnight!!!

2016 my dear year! Cannot say I will miss you.  However, the lessons I learned in your passage will remain etched in my soul where they were sometimes harshly engraved.  I would love to personify you and blame you.  And yet, you have even taken the blame out of me.  So I feel left swaying in your aftermath.  So many people have left the planet.  Some by choice.  Animals have passed on and new animals have joined the family.  Family changes have been enormous with all sorts of 'shake up's' along the way.  Work has remained a questioning challenge.  Interactions in general have been awakening - not always comfortable.  So - good bye.  And just for the hell of it - good riddance... Deep breath But that is not true.  In real truth - thank you.  There have been some good moments.  Some great glasses of wine, swims in the sea, long runs and walks, time with so many beautiful creatures, painting class...