Skip to main content

Farewell Hermione

 

 Hermione joined our family as a wild feral cat when she was pregnant.  This is her with her litter, looking very untrusting.  That all changed the longer she was with us. 
In the end she was one of the most trusting animals I have ever had the privilege of knowing.  She was very ill in the last months of her life.  I had to be nebulise and inject and medicate with tablets.  She let me do it all without restraint.  She knew she could leave anytime.  She also obviously worked out that she felt better as a result of the treatments.

Eventually I was put in a position where I had to choose to let her go.  I have never really been comfortable with the issue of euthanasia.  Suffering also makes me wince.  It just freaks me out that I have to play God in situations like this.  I had to be clear that I am letting her go for her sake and not mine.  How do we truly know the answer to that?

I have done the animal communication telepathy course.  I did try talk to her.  I trust I heard right. 

Bless you Hermione.  Thank you for the honour of knowing such a graceful wise lady.

This is the cat who woke me up in the middle of the night after she and the other cats in the house were unable to go and relieve themselves outside through the usually open window due to some mad cat-speciest dogs that had come to stay. The other two cats were sitting on the base of my bed watching and Hermione was peeing on my chest.  As if to say, what do you want us to do?  I could not even be mad.  She had a very valid point, and I did fix the problem very quickly(0:

I am so so grateful for her time with me and our family.  Love you my mione.  Till we meet again - stay in my happy memory place.  I know I will stroke your little back and feel your crooked tail once more.  Because the type of togetherness you gifted me is eternal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

Out with the old. Thank you 2016, and goodnight!!!

2016 my dear year! Cannot say I will miss you.  However, the lessons I learned in your passage will remain etched in my soul where they were sometimes harshly engraved.  I would love to personify you and blame you.  And yet, you have even taken the blame out of me.  So I feel left swaying in your aftermath.  So many people have left the planet.  Some by choice.  Animals have passed on and new animals have joined the family.  Family changes have been enormous with all sorts of 'shake up's' along the way.  Work has remained a questioning challenge.  Interactions in general have been awakening - not always comfortable.  So - good bye.  And just for the hell of it - good riddance... Deep breath But that is not true.  In real truth - thank you.  There have been some good moments.  Some great glasses of wine, swims in the sea, long runs and walks, time with so many beautiful creatures, painting class...