Skip to main content

A TRIBUTE TO BRAVE AND ENTERPRISING TRAINERS

Last night I went to observe a dog training class run by a fellow trainer at a dog training school another peer has developed.  #Superdogs.  It was a reminder of how proud I am of so many people with whom I have had the honour to share my training career.  Trainers who have been passionate about what we do in our industry.  I believe we teach ethical communication.  It does not work to keep that message to ourselves.  We have to share it.  So to all those trainers who have taken leap to share our view more widely, I salute you. 


It is not always easy to start your career in one place and then leave the animals with whom you have fallen in love to move to another facility or start a venture of your own.  However, some manage to find the gumption, and I have seen so many succeed in so many ways.  Trainers who are working with completely different species now.  Those who have moved to foreign countries and are making huge marks on the industry. Those that lead teams in different organisations. Trainers who have started businesses of their own, and are attracting clients who they are converting to more ethical animal care measures.  Some are still working exotic animals, others work domestic.  Either way, they are sharing positive messages.
 

Because at the end of the day, we all know that if we truly listen to the lessons we are learning from the animals, we become better human beings.  And better human beings will do better by our animal friends, and ultimately, better for our planet as well as for fellow man.

Hats off to you all my friends.  I am so honoured to have shared your journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

Out with the old. Thank you 2016, and goodnight!!!

2016 my dear year! Cannot say I will miss you.  However, the lessons I learned in your passage will remain etched in my soul where they were sometimes harshly engraved.  I would love to personify you and blame you.  And yet, you have even taken the blame out of me.  So I feel left swaying in your aftermath.  So many people have left the planet.  Some by choice.  Animals have passed on and new animals have joined the family.  Family changes have been enormous with all sorts of 'shake up's' along the way.  Work has remained a questioning challenge.  Interactions in general have been awakening - not always comfortable.  So - good bye.  And just for the hell of it - good riddance... Deep breath But that is not true.  In real truth - thank you.  There have been some good moments.  Some great glasses of wine, swims in the sea, long runs and walks, time with so many beautiful creatures, painting class...