Skip to main content

Getting my head off my pillow without you


What is motivation.  Where does my drive come from.  Love.  Ok. It is demanded that love is unconditional. Yet attachment is inevitable.  In your lifetime I thought the celebration of you was unconditional.  That it was a celebration borne in giving glory to your manifestation.  Turns out my desire to acknowledge your glory has a personal joy in it that is selfish.  So every day I am without your physical presense is a day I need to let go. That is so hard.  Your physical glory was so much bigger than me.  Your glory lent light and purpose to my life.  I miss you.  So much.  Feel broken without your physical wholeness.  Lifting my head of my pillow with vigour and direction and energy is the lesson your loss is trying to teach me.  And I am not sure I am big enough to learn this lesson.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

Out with the old. Thank you 2016, and goodnight!!!

2016 my dear year! Cannot say I will miss you.  However, the lessons I learned in your passage will remain etched in my soul where they were sometimes harshly engraved.  I would love to personify you and blame you.  And yet, you have even taken the blame out of me.  So I feel left swaying in your aftermath.  So many people have left the planet.  Some by choice.  Animals have passed on and new animals have joined the family.  Family changes have been enormous with all sorts of 'shake up's' along the way.  Work has remained a questioning challenge.  Interactions in general have been awakening - not always comfortable.  So - good bye.  And just for the hell of it - good riddance... Deep breath But that is not true.  In real truth - thank you.  There have been some good moments.  Some great glasses of wine, swims in the sea, long runs and walks, time with so many beautiful creatures, painting class...