Skip to main content

Essence

I do not believe it is naïve to expect that everyone is, at essence driven from love. Challenge as I have just discovered is that we are all challenged by so many variables in our relative existence that we experience this love differently. We loose its truth and justify our loss, resulting actions and definition of our personal experiences of love with arguments and excuses. Yet I believe that real Love is pure. All the stories move us from the purity to a state of confusion.

So, I find my naïve self, close to the age of 50, realising that I feel very alone in my own belief systems. For example, my compassion and empathy for people and animals is not different. I feel strongly for both. It seems that many do differentiate. And then I find myself at the edge of judging. The question I have to remind myself is what do I know about right or wrong.

I have tried to surround myself with like-minded people. Not always possible. Not even my family share my choice to be vegetarian. So discomfort in a lonely place. Wondering if perhaps I am insane. And knowing at a soul level that I cannot be different from this.

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

Out with the old. Thank you 2016, and goodnight!!!

2016 my dear year! Cannot say I will miss you.  However, the lessons I learned in your passage will remain etched in my soul where they were sometimes harshly engraved.  I would love to personify you and blame you.  And yet, you have even taken the blame out of me.  So I feel left swaying in your aftermath.  So many people have left the planet.  Some by choice.  Animals have passed on and new animals have joined the family.  Family changes have been enormous with all sorts of 'shake up's' along the way.  Work has remained a questioning challenge.  Interactions in general have been awakening - not always comfortable.  So - good bye.  And just for the hell of it - good riddance... Deep breath But that is not true.  In real truth - thank you.  There have been some good moments.  Some great glasses of wine, swims in the sea, long runs and walks, time with so many beautiful creatures, painting class...