Skip to main content

To trust yourself - be clear what you want

My wise mentor put these words in my head this weekend.  At face value they mean nothing.  When I look at whether I know what I want, the secret begins to be revealed.  Very often, in my line of work, and in my personal life I think that what I want is what makes me look good, or feel acknowledged or important.  And this can breed underlying resentment and misery in my life.  Because what I really want is to be doing stuff that I want to do - for no real outcome. 
What do I really want - to be appreciating every moment - unconditionally.  No concern about what the result of the moment will hold for me.  Whether I will be liked or disliked, heard or ignored, respected or disrespected.  Just in the moment.  Light without my expectations.  Just as it is when I am relating to an animal.  No consequence. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On his retirement. A tribute to a legend

Veterinarian & human extraordinaire. 50 years of true service to the animal world, the animal people, and to his animal-loving family.  Four siblings all who care significantly for animals as a result of the way we were raised.  To respect life.  Because that is who our father his.  Our father is more than a vet.  He is a compassionate man.  A vet who took his oath to care for animals to the greatest level, inspiring those close and around him to do the same.  Caring so deeply.  Working so hard.  Ensuring that he always did his best.  He has such depth and wisdom.  He has always had a following of people in his life who he wisely guides.  His generosity is boundless.  He has inspired his children way more than can be imagined.  We are pretty sure there are not many people who are so fortunate to have this example of humble love to follow.  We are equally unsure whether we can truly honour his example by dupli...

2026 is already a kaleidoscope of joy

 

adaptable animals

 Just love that nature finds a way.  It is testament to the fact that nature is intelligent.  Listened to a talk by Dr Philip Shepherd who is the creator of The Embodied Present Process.  He spoke of how our society has become patriarchal over time and separated us from nature so that we control her.  When working with animals and being able to be completely present, we have all had moments where we connect on a deep level and understand where the animal is at.  Nothing better than those moments.  In the moments where I have felt that it feels like love and is followed by big gratitude.   This pic is a whole group of bats who have found a way to roost in an urban setting.  Long may that connection with us last.  It is cool that nature has not given up on us.  Even though we try control it.